AINA HAINA SCHOOL
801 W. Hind Drive
Honolulu, Hawaii 96821
Aina Haina Jaguars Explore and Excel Through Academics, Arts, and Athletics
"Aina Haina strives to be the Heart of our Community where: ...Every child matters and has a gift to share ...Teachers and staff are dedicated, collaborative and caring ...Families and the community partnerships are supportive and involved so that the academic learning environment, enriched by the arts, athletics and altruism, enables each child to participate productively in our global society."
Who We Are
Aina Haina Elementary School is located in east Honolulu, serving the children of families residing from Waialae Iki to Kuliouou. At Aina Haina Elementary School, we strive to live out the ten-character traits of the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile. We develop empowered learners who believe in taking action as a result of our learning in order to create a better and more peaceful world. Educating the whole child with an over-arching concept of international-mindedness is the vision for each one of our students. We believe every student can succeed and we dedicate resources in order to bridge our classrooms to the community and beyond. Additional information, including test scores, is located on the Department of Education School Status and Improvement Report site.
Our School Goals
All role groups of Aina Haina School will collectively and collaboratively strive:
• to provide a nurturing and safe learning environment;
• to develop literate, life-long learners;
• to provide a variety of active learning strategies to engage students in creative, open-ended, hands-on experiences;
• to ensure that new and emerging technologies are incorporated into school programs;
• to develop responsible, respectful, responsive, and resourceful learners who are contributing members of our global community;
• to promote an understanding of other people and cultures;
• to appreciate diversity;
• to assure collaborative efforts between home, school, and community.
Instructional Support Programs
• Special Education Program
• English for Second Language Learners (ELL) Program
• Na Hoku 'Ala (Academic Support Program)
• School Counseling
• Computer/Technology Program
• Japanese Language Program
• Hawaiian Studies Program
• Library: Reading Program and Learning about Research
• Enrichment in the Arts
• Effective Behavior Support Team
Co-Curricular Activities and Programs
• A+ Program
• YMCA Early Morning Care
• Honolulu District Speech Festival
• National Geographic Bee
• H.E.A.R.T, Gr. 5 (School-Community Service Group Sessions)
• Jaguar@8 (Student Video News Production Team)
• Junior Police Officers (JPO)
• Yearbook Publication
• Performing Arts (After School Program)
• LEGO Robotics (After School Program)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
8:00 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Tardy bell rings at 8:05 daily
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.