Aina Haina School
801 Hind Drive
Honolulu, Hawaii 96821
phone (808) 377-2419
fax (808) 377-2426
*Please call our office directly for any
absence, tardy, or early release for your child.*
Click here to see our school!
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Tardy bell rings at 8:05 daily
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Purple and Yellow
Aina Haina Jaguars Explore and Excel Through Academics, Arts, and Athletics
"Aina Haina strives to be the Heart of our Community where:
...Every child matters and has a gift to share
...Teachers and staff are dedicated, collaborative and caring
...Families and the community partnerships are supportive and involved so that the academic learning environment, enriched by the arts, athletics and altruism, enables each child to participate productively in our global society."
Aina Haina Elementary School is located in east Honolulu, serving the children of families residing from Waialae Iki to Kuliouou. Parents participate actively in their children’s schooling and support the efforts of the school. This PTA support has enabled us to provide instruction in art, music, and dance in addition to academic subjects. The school offers a technology-rich environment with both wired and wireless connection to the internet and multimedia computers in the classrooms and computer labs. Starting with the 1999-2000 school year, we provide Japanese Language instruction to all grades. Additional information, including test scores, is located on the Department of Education School Status and Improvement Report site.
All role groups of Aina Haina School will collectively and collaboratively strive:
- to provide a nurturing and safe learning environment;
- to develop literate, life-long learners;
- to provide a variety of active learning strategies to engage students in creative, open-ended, hands-on experiences;
- to ensure that new and emerging technologies are incorporated into school programs;
- to develop responsible, respectful, responsive, and resourceful learners who are contributing members of our global community;
- to promote an understanding of other people and cultures;
- to appreciate diversity;
- to assure collaborative efforts between home, school, and community.
Instructional Support Programs
- Special Education Program
- English for Second Language Learners (ELL) Program
- Gifted/Talented Program (Gr. 3-5)
- School Counseling
- Physical Education
- Computer/Technology Program
- Japanese Language Program
- Hawaiian Studies Program
- Library Reading Program
- Enrichment in the Arts
- Effective Behavior Support Team
- Diamond Head Family Guidance Center
- Moanalua Gardens Foundation Program, Gr. 4 - 5
Co-Curricular Activities and Programs
- A+ Program
- YMCA Early Morning Care
- Honolulu District Speech Festival
- National Geographic Bee
- H.E.A.R.T, Gr. 5 (School-Community Service Group Sessions)
- Jaguar@8 (Student Video News Production Team)
- Yearbook Publication
- AHS Opera (After School Program)
- LEGO Robotics (After School Program)