AINA HAINA SCHOOL
General School Rules
- Students should arrive at school between 7:45 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. daily, unless enrolled in early morning care. Adult supervision is not provided prior to 8:00 a.m.
- Students should remain quietly outside their homeroom upon arriving at school and should not be on playground equipment.
- Students are not allowed to leave campus during the school day, unless officially excused and accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Walk your bike on campus; park/lock it at the bicycle racks.
- Weapons (real or toy) and illegal drugs are banned; skateboards, heelies or shoes with wheels/rollers, slingshots, hard balls and yo-yos are not allowed on campus. Valuables, i.e., all types of electronic or hand-held devices, electronic games, toys/cards, tape/CD players, radios, extra money should not be brought to school, unless authorized by the teacher for specific activities.
- Dress appropriately. Caps, hats, baggy pants, long belts, shoes with rollers, clothing with inappropriate logos, graphics and language are considered inappropriate. Midriff area must be covered at all times; no short shorts, tops with spaghetti straps or halter tops. Footwear is required. Covered shoes required for field trips.
- Leave campus at 2:15 p.m. (1:30 p.m. on Wednesday), unless you are in the A+ After School Program. Parents should pick up students no later than 2:30 p.m. (1:45 p.m. on Wednesday). Adult supervision is not provided after school.
- Cell phones: if brought to school, must be kept in student’s bag and can only be used before and after school. If the student is in A+, he/she can use the A+ phone located in the cafeteria for emergencies only.
- The following is a revision to HAR Chapter 19 that governs all DOE schools:
- E-Cigarettes are considered contraband under HAR Chapter 19 and is prohibited on any DOE campus and/or any DOE function.
- The possession or use of such contraband is a Class D Offense, Contraband, and subject to the disciplinary action spelled out in HAR Chapter 19.